Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Spring Cleaning

I was really hoping to get another coat or two on the table today, get the legs sanded, maybe even start work on the chairs....

And I wake up to this:


I mean, seriously. Spring has started. But apparently the local weather missed the memo.

So instead, I'm going to do some spring cleaning.

Image courtesy of Martha

And as crazy as this may sound to some (but not at all crazy to my mother), I've never done a spring cleaning before. Because, well.... I hate cleaning. It's not therapeutic for me. And yeah it's nice once everything is clean, but even that's not enough of an incentive.

But, we found out we will be moving in a few months, so I might as well get a jump start on it now and have less to do and worry about later...

So I went on the hunt to find an "ultimate spring cleaning checklist" because I know there are things I should be cleaning that I haven't even thought of. And of course, the master of all things house and home, Martha Stewart, has a pretty thorough checklist.

And while I'm elbow deep in Pine-Sol, Miss Freyja will be doing what she does best....


Napping.

And hopefully not making extra messes for me to clean up [which she LOVES to do :) ]

3 comments:

  1. Can you believe this weather????? Lucky you, there is an end in sight! How long? Happy Cleaning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wasn't expecting that snow!! We have sunshine today (not to rub it in or anything).

    Have fun spring cleaning... I've yet to start mine but I have managed to rid the household of 13 bags of "stuff" :)

    ~Chris aka mom

    PS if I had a cute matching bucket of cleaning stuff like your picture, I may like to get it out more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH, soon it will be hot and muggy...hang in there, it might be sunny out here but not THAT condusive to painting outside...it is too damp.

    ReplyDelete