Friday, April 1, 2011

My Latest Inspiration: William Morris

I love the Arts and Craft movement...
And that's led to my love of William Morris works...

Don't know who William Morris is? Check him out here.

I actually discovered him through tonicliving.com and these wonderful fabrics:

Source

Source

Unfortunately, they've been out of stock but I plan on ordering some ASAP when they have it in.

But for now, I'm working on doing a set of William Morris Replica squares... I'm thinking of doing 9 squares ultimately, but here's the one I finished today:

The Original

The Replica
It looks way more washed out than in person, but what do you think?

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. Very cool! I love the graphics of William Morris and craftman era prints. How did you make the "replica"??

    Enjoy your weekend...

    ~Chris aka mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love William Morris prints.They're not something I often use, but I love the look. Thanks for visiting me at Brambly-I'm looking forward to getting to know you. Have a wonderful weekend.

    Ann-Marie

    ReplyDelete